Depending on the type of contingency suffered, your go-to insurance claim process may differ.
Here, we list all the possible scenarios under which you can raise a claim and their respective procedures to be followed.
1) Death due to an accident or natural causes
Upon the insured individual’s death, a nominee can make a death claim in the following steps.
- Step 1: Fill in the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana death claim form.
- Step 2: Submit it along with the policyholder’s original death certificate and an attested copy to the concerned Nodal agency official.
- Step 3: Upon verification, the official will submit the claim form along with provided documents and the deceased policyholder’s eligibility certificate.
Note that in the case of accidental death, nominees will also need to submit copies of post mortem report, FIR, police inquest report, and final police report.
2) Partial or total disability
To file a disability claim, the insured need to submit the following documents besides the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana claim form.
- Documents with proof of accident like police FIR.
- A medical certificate stating the details and type of disability. This must be issued by a registered Government Orthopaedic or Government Civil Surgeon.
- Scholarship benefit
If your child is eligible for scholarship benefit under AABY, then you need to fill in the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana scholarship online application form and submit it to your Nodal agency.
This procedure needs to be followed every 6 months for the nodal agency to cross-check if your child has crossed the qualifying limits. The agency will then send the list of identified students to LIC’s Pension & Group Scheme unit.
This list must contain the following details against each beneficiary.
- Name of student
- Name of school
- Name of the insured
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana policy number
- NEFT number
- Insured member’s membership number.
Upon receiving the full list of eligible students, LIC will transfer the scholarship amount to the policyholder’s bank account via NEFT.
Given the several intricacies of this entire procedure, it is possible for interested individuals to have confusions and queries.
Well, for that, you can contact the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana helpline number available on LIC’s official website. You can also forward your queries through the contact details of your nearest LIC branch.