All about Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust
Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust manages the Aarogyasri Scheme, which is a state-run healthcare programme. Financially challenged individuals in society can benefit greatly from the said scheme.
The primary objective of this scheme is to provide monetary help for healthcare services to low-income families. Chief Minister Dr YSR Reddy launched it in 2007 before Andhra Pradesh split into two different states in 2014.
Read on to know more about the Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust and Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Insurance Scheme!
What is the Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust?
The Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust looks to ensure medical coverage for people who cannot afford typical health insurance policies.
It is available across government hospitals with coverage of up to Rs.5 lakhs per family per annum. The Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust issues a health card that beneficiaries can display at government hospitals to acquire cashless treatment. A senior IAS officer is appointed CEO, and he/she controls the scheme’s overall implementation.
What are the features of Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust?
The features of the Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust managed scheme are as follows:
- Cashless healthcare - This insurance scheme provides around Rs.5 lakhs as financial coverage for the beneficiary and his registered family.
- In-patient healthcare - Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Insurance Scheme covers in-patient care for a list of diseases and therapies mentioned under the programme. Additionally, it also covers hospitalization expenses.
- Floater health insurance cover - Under the Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Insurance Scheme, the entire family is covered. There is no need for separate cover for any member.
- Outpatient healthcare - In addition to in-patient care, the programme also provides outpatient care at government hospitals and health camps.
- Follow-up treatments - One of the best features of Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust’s insurance scheme is that it also covers follow-up therapies and procedures.
- Pre-existing disease coverage - Moreover, if the beneficiary already suffered from a disease before registering for this scheme, he can still seek coverage for its treatment. This feature is a standout among other commercially available health insurance schemes.
What are the benefits of Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust?
Doubtless, the Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust scheme has won the hearts of citizens. Many valuable benefits make this initiative stand out. The YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust benefits are as follows:
- Rs.5 lakhs coverage per family per annum.
- Free healthcare services from government hospitals.
- Cashless treatment from day 1 up to 10 days post-discharge.
- For patients who undergo therapies, cashless treatment up to 30 days post-discharge.
- This scheme covers the transportation and food cost of the patient.
These are just a few of the major benefits of Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust.
Which treatments are covered under Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust’s scheme?
The Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust covers a specific list of therapies. In total, there are 2434 surgeries and treatments available under 30 categories.
Here is a detailed list of the general surgeries and critical care covered. Also, find a list of the exclusions under this program.
General surgery under Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust
List of General Surgeries the Scheme Covers
- Orthopaedic surgeries and procedures
- ENT surgery
- Gynaecology and obstetrics
- Surgical gastroenterology
- Medical oncology
- Plastic surgery
- Excision of Meckel’s diverticulum
- Bone tumour surgery, reconstruction with internal fixation
- The neck of bladder reconstruction for incontinence
- Exenteration of orbit
- Coronary balloon angioplasty with drug-eluting stent
- Open radical prostatectomy
- Cardiothoracic surgeries
- Paediatric surgeries
- Genitourinary surgeries
- Surgical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Superficial parotidectomy (non-malignant)
- Rectopexy open with mesh for rectal prolapse
- Glaucoma surgery
- Surgery for emphysema thoracis
- Excision of ureterocele with ureteric implantation
- Joint reconstruction / intra-articular fractures
- Rectovaginal fistula management without colostomy
- Lumbar hernia repair in a paediatric patient
- Laparoscopic surgical treatment for duodenal perforation
Critical care treatment under Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust
List of Critical Care Conditions the Scheme Covers
- General medicine
- Infectious disease
List of Treatments the Scheme Does Not Cover
- Infectious diseases
- Assisted devices for cardiac failure
- Treatments related to bone marrow
- Cardiac transplantation
- Liver transplantation
- Gamma-knife procedures in neurosurgery
What is the eligibility for YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust’s scheme?
Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust eligibility is as follows:
- Should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Further, the income in a year of the applicant’s family should be less than Rs.5 lakhs.
- Applicants should hold a white Ration card. Every white Ration cardholder is automatically covered under this scheme.
- Additionally, this scheme covers persons whose names and photographs appear on the BPL Ration card, including beneficiaries of Annapurna and Anthyodaya Anna Yojana.
- Applicants should not have wet and dry land of more than 35 acres.
- Applicants must have less than 3000 sq. ft. of area.
- No applicant can own more than one car.
- Private sector employees can be a beneficiary of this scheme.
These rules outline the eligibility of Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Scheme.
What are the documents necessary for Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust?
The essential documents for Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust are:
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Income tax returns or income certificates
How to enroll for Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust
There are two ways to enroll for Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust. We have discussed the offline and online methods below.
Offline method to enroll for Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust
To register for this scheme via an offline method, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the YSR Navasakam website https://navasakam2.apcfss.in/.
Step 2: Select the ‘Download’ option of the tab above.
Step 3: Click on ‘YSR Aarogyasri Health Card Performa.’
Step 4: The application form for the scheme will open. Download this form.
Step 5: Next, take a printout of the form.
Step 6: Gather all the supporting documents, fill up the form, and submit it to the concerned department.
Step 7: Wait for the verification of these documents, after which the YSR Health Card will be issued.
Online method to enroll for Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust
The steps to upload Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust application online are given below:
Step 1: To register, you can visit any of the two websites: the official website of YSR Navasakam or the gram ward Sachivalayam portal.
Step 2: Next, click on the login tab. You will be redirected to the login page.
Step 3: Log in to the website and select the ‘Aarogyasri Health Card’ application form.
Step 4: Fill up the required details.
Step 5: Next, upload every supporting document necessary.
Step 6: Lastly, submit the application form online and take a printout for reference.
In conclusion, YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust is a boon to the people of Andhra Pradesh. The below poverty line members of society stand to gain by this scheme. Moreover, the programme covers over 2000 medical procedures.
A major highlight of the Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust’s health insurance scheme is that it covers diseases that may have been acquired before enrollment in the plan.