Best Electric Auto Rickshaws in India
Currently, Electric rickshaws hold 83% of the total electrical vehicle market. Environmental and socio-economic benefits of Electric auto-rickshaws have resulted in approximately 15 lakhs e-rickshaws that increase every month with the sale of 11000 new ones. If you are in search of the best electric rickshaw, the following section of the best e-Rickshaw in India will be a great help!
List of Top E-Rickshaws in India
Here are some of the best e-rickshaws found in the Indian market.
1. Mahindra Treo | Mileage- 130-170 km/Charge
Mahindra is one of the best e-rickshaw companies in India. Mahindra Treo is a new age three-wheeler electric rickshaw that ensures higher savings, top-level ride quality and a spacious interior. The charging process is as simple as a smartphone.
Within 4 hours, the charging process gets completed. The e-rickshaw from Mahindra ensures zero-emission and noiseless driving. The range, speed, location and other details can easily be monitored through the cloud-based platform NEMO (Next-Generation Mobility).
- Power- 10 hp
- Battery Specifications- Lithium-ion 48V with capacity (Installed) - kWh 7.37
- Price- ₹ 1.70 - ₹ 2.80 lakh (Ex-showroom price)
- Safety- Side doors, in-built rear crash guard, hardtop roofs, the hazard indicator
- Reviews and Ratings- Mahindra Treo gets 4.9 ratings. This e-rickshaw gets the best comments regarding performance, maintenance, and design and build.
2. Lohia Narain DX |Mileage- 140 km/Charge
Established in 2008, the brand Lohia Auto stays on the list of e-rickshaw manufacturers in India. The company manufactures electric 2 –wheelers and 3-wheelers, and diesel 3-wheelers as well.
Lohia Narain DX features a bigger wheel and hydraulic suspension. It offers a high ground clearance of 220 mm. This e-rickshaw has a seating capacity of 5 persons along with a driver.
- Power- 1.60 hp
- Battery Specifications- Lead-Acid battery
- Load Capacity- 740 kg (gross vehicle weight)
- Safety- Hard top roof, handlebars
- Reviews and Ratings- Data not available
3. Lohia Comfort F2F |Mileage- 140 km/Charge
The list of best electric auto-rickshaw in India includes Lohia Comfort. This e-rickshaw satiates the demands of the last-mile passenger carrier segment. This three-wheel drive e-rickshaw features dual suspension, which ensures comfortable and overall improved balance and stability.
It has a strong hand brake that can resist impact from sudden jerking and motion. Its advanced battery range guarantees day-long operations. Further, analog meters enable drivers to check speed and battery level.
- Power- 1.60 hp
- Battery Specifications- Lead-Acid battery with 48 volts DC and 100/120 Ah capacities
- Load Capacity- 732 kg (gross vehicle weight)
- Price- ₹1.55 lakh approx. (Ex-showroom price)
- Safety- Hard top roof, handlebars, fire extinguisher, first aid box and tool kit placed in the vehicle.
- Reviews and Ratings- Comfortable seating and music system facility, GPS tracker makes it an ideal choice for buyers.
4. Kinetic Safar Smart |Mileage- 130 km/Charge
Designed by Pune-based Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions Limited, Kinetic Safar helps to reduce carbon footprint. This e-rickshaw come equipped with a lead-acid battery with an onboard charger. It is one of the best e-rickshaws in India that features an 850W motor and three-speed mode selector to maximize range per charge. This e-auto has the highest speed of 25 km and has a capacity of carrying 5 people (1 driver and 4 passengers).
- Power- 850 W/1.14 hp
- Battery Specifications- 48 V lead-acid battery
- Load Capacity- 500 kg (gross vehicle weight)
- Price- ₹1.53 lakh approx (Ex-showroom price)
- Safety- Dual headlamp, full glass windshield with an electric wiper motor side indicators.
- Reviews and Ratings- Kinetic Safari is rated 5. The battery capacity ensures full-day operations and fast charging.
5. Lohia Narrain ICE |Mileage-110 km/Charge
Lohia Narrain ICE is a three-wheeler electric rickshaw that comes with advanced features, bigger wheels, hydraulic suspension that assures a firmer ride. It has a total seating capacity of 5 persons (4 passengers and 1 driver).
- Power- 1200 W/1.60 hp
- Battery Specifications- Lithium-ion battery
- Load Capacity- 665 kg (gross vehicle weight)
- Safety- Canvas rooftop, reverse horn, fire extinguisher
6. Atul Elite Plus |Mileage- 80 -100 km/Charge
Atul Auto is one of the top e-rickshaw manufacturers in India. The company produces top-grade auto-rickshaws for various purposes.
The Atul Elite Plus comes equipped with telescopic front suspension, which helps to resist unnecessary motion, thus ensuring comfortable riding. This e-rickshaw takes 8-10 hours to get charged and can run with a maximum speed of up to 25 kmph.
- Power- 850/1000 W (1.14/1.34 hp)
- Battery Specifications- 12V 100 AH - Lead Acid with 48V DC12A battery charger
- Load Capacity- 699 kg (gross vehicle weight)
- Price- ₹1.12 lakh approx (Ex-showroom price)
- Safety- Halogen headlamp
- Reviews and Ratings- Atul Elite Plus gets a rating of 5. The e-rickshaw ensures noiseless driving and comfortable riding.
7. e-Shaft (Gayam Motor Works) |Mileage- 60-90 km/Charge
Being one of the top e-rickshaw companies in India, Gayam Motor Works launched the most efficient three-wheeler passenger e-rickshaw, which is powered by a lead-acid battery.
To get fully charged, e-Shaft takes around 5-6 hours. This e-rickshaw is also solar chargeable and known for delivering the best value for money.
- Power- 1520 W/2.05 hp
- Battery Specifications- 48 V lead-acid battery
- Load Capacity- 400 kg
- Price- ₹1.4 lakh
- Safety- Headlight, looking glass, wiper
8. Piaggio Ape e-city |Mileage-70 km/Charge
The brand Apé of the Piaggio Group is one of the most trusted three-wheeler brands that makes the best mileage e-rickshaws in India. This e-rickshaw runs on advanced swappable batteries meaning these batteries can be interchanged at any charging station.
As these EVs do not have any clutch or gear, they can be easily started by switching a button. It features powerful motors; hence top-grade performance is assured. Further, drivers can expect a top speed of 45 kmph.
- Power- 5.44 KW/ 7.3 hp
- Battery Specifications- lithium capacity with 48 V with a battery capacity of 4.5 KWh.
- Load Capacity- 689 kg (gross vehicle weight)
- Price- ₹2.85 lakh approx. (Ex-showroom price)
- Safety- Doors, blue vision lamps for nighttime visibility.
- Reviews and Ratings- Piaggio Ape e-city gets a 4 rating. The low noise and low cost make it an ideal choice for city passenger hire.
9. Mahindra Treo Yaari SFT |Mileage-125 km/Charge
As one of India's top e-rickshaw companies, Mahindra has come up with Mahindra Treo Yaari. This EV takes around 2 and 30 minutes to get a full charge. Mahindra Treo Yaari offers the highest speed of 24.5 kmph.
With Helical Spring + Dampener + Hydraulic Shock Absorber (front suspension) with Rigid Axle with Leaf Sprig (rear suspension), Mahindra Treo Yaari driving comfort of the highest level.
- Power- 2 hp
- Battery Specifications- 48V battery with an installed capacity of 3.69kWh
- Load Capacity- 276 kg (kerb weight)
- Price- ₹1.70-1.80 lakh approx. (Ex-showroom price)
- Safety- Weather-resistant flex or hard top roof.
The piece mentioned above talks about the best e-rickshaw in India. Read the specifications as well as details carefully and select one that suits your budget.
List of Best E-Rickshaws in India
Name of the E-rickshaws
₹ 1.70 Lakh
Lohia Narain DX
Lohia Comfort F2F
₹ 1.55 Lakh
Kinetic Safar Smart
Lohia Narrain ICE
Atul Elite Plus
e-Shaft (Gayam Motor Works)
Piaggio Ape e-city
Mahindra Treo Yaari SFT