How to Ride a Bike: A Step by Step Guide
Motorcycles are becoming one of the most common means for daily commute. But they also allow you to enjoy a long and high-speed ride on a highway. However, riding a bike is not as easy as it may seem.
The mechanism of riding a bike is somewhat similar to driving a car. Keep reading further to know how to ride a bike.
How to Ride a Bike as a Beginner?
Check out the following steps and other essential aspects if you are wondering how to ride a motorcycle.
- Step 1: Turn the key to “ON” to start your motorcycle. You will see your bike’s instrument cluster turn on.
- Step 2: Find the neutral gear between your bike’s first and second gear. For that, pull the clutch to push the shift lever down and then slightly push it upwards. Thus, you will find a green “N” will light up on your motorcycle’s dashboard.
- Step 3: Turn “ON” your bike’s kill switch and keep the start button pressed until you hear the sound of your engine. Once you hear the engine sound and the tachometer rises to the lowest speed, the bike is ready to ride.
- Step 4: After starting your motorcycle, learn riding bike by practising with the clutch. First, pull the clutch lever entirely inward and move down to the first gear using your left foot. Then gradually release the clutch lever and roll the throttle simultaneously.
- Step 5: Once you have practised with your bike’s clutch, move to upshift and downshift. Release your throttle, pull in the clutch lever and press the shifter level upwards with your foot. Once you feel you clicked that gear in, release your clutch gently while rolling that throttle to finish upshifting.
- Step 6: The process of downshifting is similar to upshifting, but the only difference is in pressing the shift lever. You need to push it downward for downshifting.
- Step 7: You need to press the brake to stop your motorcycle at a signal. However, to slow your bike down and stop, first, release the throttle and pull in the clutch lever. Then, slowly press the front brake lever while pressing the rear brake lever simultaneously.
What Are the Safety Measures to Know while Riding a Bike as a Beginner?
Once you learn how to ride a motorbike, you need to consider some safety measures as well. The safety measures to know while riding a motorcycle are listed below.
- Similar to driving, you should not drink and ride a bike.
- Invest your money on a bike that you can handle.
- Check your bike’s overall condition thoroughly before you start riding it.
- Do not ride in bad weather conditions, especially in the rain, thunder and storm.
- Choose a gear according to the terrain.
- Keep a conscious mind, and do not be on a phone call while riding your bike.
- Buy insurance for your two-wheeler.
- Always turn the indicators before taking a turn.
- Keep checking around your surroundings carefully while riding.
- Obey traffic rules and do not exceed the speed limit.
- Once you speed up, keep your feet on the footpegs.
The steps and points above say everything about bike riding and the safeguard to follow. Now you can learn how to ride a bike by following those easy steps.