- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Maruti Swift
- Maruti Swift Dzire
- Maruti Alto
- Maruti Baleno
- Hyundai i10
- Hyundai i20
- Hyundai Eon
- Ford Figo
- Honda Amaze
- Honda City
- Recent years
- New Car
What’s Covered in Digit’s Third Party Car Insurance?
Don’t just go for a low premium, know what all is included in a Third Party Car Insurance Plan
Personal Damage to Third Party
- In case of a Third-party’s death or physical injury due to an accident with the insured car
- There is no limit to the sum insured
Property Damage Compensation
- In case a damage occurs to someone’s car, house or any property
- There is a limit of ₹7,50,000
What’s not Covered
It is equally important to know what’s not covered in your Third party car insurance policy so that there are no surprises when you make a claim. Here are some such situations:
Difference between Comprehensive & Third-party Car Insurance
Understand the difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance policies.
Damage to your own car due to an accident
Personal injury during an accident (if you don't already have one, it is mandatory to opt for this cover under Third-Party Insurance)
Theft of your car
Damage to your car due to fire
Damage to your car due to natural disasters
Damage to the vehicle or property of the third party in an accident
Injury to the third-party during an accident
Option to select the right add-on covers
Option to customize your IDV
Option to customize deductibles
How fast are Digit Insurance Claims Settled?
This is the first question that should come to your mind when switching your insurance company. Good you’re doing that!Read Digit’s Claims Report Card
What is Third Party Car Insurance?
Third Party Insurance is the mandatory part of your car insurance policy. You cannot drive your car on the road without one. People often choose this insurance over comprehensive car insurance because it is lower in premium.
But given it is lower in premium, it also has lesser protection as it only covers damages to a third party’s property like car and third party’s personal damages like injury, hospitalization or death.
How does it work?
You have a lot of questions about how third-party car insurance works? You’ve come to the right place!
For a Third-Party Insurance to come into action, the third-party or the person whose car has got damaged or someone who has got injured needs to file a case against the insured person. After that, we take care of the legal liabilities that arise. That includes advocates, investigations and any verification. - If there’s a compensation, we take care of it on your behalf as your car insurance policy comes with unlimited Third-Party Cover.
Why do people buy Third Party Car Insurance?
Top reasons people choose a Third Party Car Insurance over a Comprehensive Car Insurance.
1. As it is mandated by law.
2. The premiums are lower.
3. If the car is not driven for most of the year or is older than 10 years.
4. If the owner is planning to sell the car in the next 6 months.
Comparing Comprehensive Car Insurance & Third-party Liability Only
We are making this comparison basis what is included in each Insurance Plan. Choice is yours!
Third Party Insurance Only
· Damage to Third Party vehicle
· Damage to Third Party property
· Any personal damages like injury to someone else
· All benefits of Third Party Insurance
· Plus damage to own vehicle due to accidents, fire or natural calamities
· Plus personal damages like Injury to Owner Driver
· Plus Theft & Total Loss of Vehicle
Disadvantages of having Only Third Party Car Insurance
A lot of people regret buying a Third Party Liability Only and we thought you should know why
- Does not cover damage to own vehicle.
- Does not cover vehicle from theft or total loss.
- Does not have the option to add important addons like Zero Depreciation, Engine Protect etc.
How to claim Third Party Car Insurance?
- The third-party has to file an FIR and obtain a charge sheet.
- If there are legal responsibilities arising out of an accident, we take care of it. That includes advocates, investigations and any verification.
- If there’s a compensation payable, we take care of it on your behalf.
- If there’s no violation of policy terms, we will try for a non-monetary settlement on your behalf. If the situation arises, we will represent you in court.
Know more about Digit's car insurance claims process.