End your search for “how to fill 15G Form” and follow the simple steps mentioned below:
If your bank permits you to submit Form 15G online, you can submit it online directly. Follow this simple step-wise guide:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of your bank. Log in with your User ID and password.
- Step 2: Select the online fixed deposit tab. This redirects to another page that contains your fixed account’s details.
- Step 3: Generate Form 15G. Click on it to open the online form.
- Step 4: Fill in the form with relevant details like your name, income tax status and others along with your bank's branch details where you currently hold a fixed deposit.
- Step 5: Write your income details and check all the details before submitting online.
Step 1: Download the 15G Form.
Step 2: The form has two sections. In Part I, fill in:
- Name of the taxpayer
- PAN Card details
- Income Tax status (whether you are an individual or coming from HUF or AOP)
- Previous Year (Here, previous year means the previous financial year to claim your tax deduction)
- Residential status (Town, city, state, flat number etc.)
- Contact details (email address and phone number)
- Tick in the correct box to mention whether you are assessed under the Income Tax Act of 1961.
- Your approximate income
- Mention if you have filled other forms besides 15G Form during a previous financial year
- Fill in the details of your income for which you are filling this form. Write the details such as
- Identification number of the investment account
- Nature of income
- Tax deductible section
- Amount of income
Step 3: Submit the duly signed form to the bank.
A deductor will fill in the Part II of Form 15G. A deductor means a person responsible to deposit the TDS to the government.