Passport Office in Ongole
Post Office PSK Ongole
|Head Post Office, Head Post Office, Governor Road, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh - 523001
|Monday to Friday
|9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
|Regional Passport Officer
|Shri D.S.S. Srinivasa Rao
|Officer Contact No.
|Officer Fax No
|Officer Contact Email
Grievance Cell Officer Name
Shri S.K Patnaik
Grievance Cell Officer Contact No.
Public Grievance Cell Officer Name
Shri Bal Krishan
91 11 23384497
Public Grievance Cell Address
Public Grievance Officer PSP Division, Ministry of External Affairs Room No. 24, Patiala House Tilak Marg, New Delhi - 110001
Passport Offices in Ongole
Lying in the Prakasam district, Ongole is a coastal city in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is known for the Ongole Cattle, a native breed of oxen exported to different countries. Owing to its rich history, magnificent beaches like Vodarevu, Kothapatnam, etc., and many beautiful temples, it has become popular as a tourist destination.
Apart from this, there are passport offices in Ongole that offer prompt and seamless passport-based services to its inhabitants.
Types of Passport Offices in Ongole
Ongole has been equipped with efficient passport offices to offer their residents passport-based services, and only one kind of passport office is involved in it:
Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK)
Now, have a look at the services and significance of the passport office in Ongole
Different Services That Are Provided in a Passport Office in Ongole
The Post Office Passport Seva Kendra in Ongole caters a string of services to their residents regarding passports that comprise:
- Issuing fresh passports to first-time applicants.
- Renewing a passport after the expiry of its validity period.
- Re-issuing existing passports to individuals if their passport is damaged, stolen, lost, exhausted, etc.
- Issuing Tatkaal passports to the applicants who urgently need to travel abroad.
- Printing, shipping, and delivering finalised passports to the applicant's doorstep.
- Issuing a Police Clearing Certificate (PCC).
List of Documents to Be Submitted at Passport Offices
When availing a passport from the POPSK inOngole, you need to submit some important documents to continue with the application. They are:
- Birth certificate
- Bank account passbook
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- PAN card
- Two coloured passport-size photos
- Aadhaar card
Things to Know Before Applying for Passports in Ongole
The residents of Ongole should be conscious of the following pointers before applying for this government document:
- Book an appointment with the nearby POPSK once you have successfully completed the passport application documentation.
- Clear the application charges before the deadline to secure a particular appointment date with the POPSK.
- While going to the passport office for paperwork, carry the original documents and their photocopies.
- You often have to furnish additional papers like a voter ID card, driving licence, electricity bill, etc.
- To expedite the verification process, make sure that you choose the nearest police station in your neighbourhood.