Janakpuri/Palam RTO - South West Delhi
All about Janakpuri/Palam RTO Office in South West Delhi
The RTO office in Janakpuri, Delhi, is a part of the wider network of RTOs spread across Delhi, to help citizens register their vehicles and obtain driver’s licence. Apart from this, the Janakpuri RTO office engages in various other processes and activities pertaining to vehicles in Delhi.
Janakpuri RTO office comes under the jurisdiction of Transport Department of Delhi which is headed by the Transport Commissioner. Delhi also has 13 other RTO offices. Vehicles registered under this RTO are provided with the registration code DL-09.
DL-09 Janakpuri/Palam RTO Office - South West Delhi
Palam, Janakpuri, Delhi - 110058
011 25624064, 011 25163615
Functions of RTO Office in Janakpuri South West Delhi
The Janakpuri RTO office plays a central role in helping the Transport Department establish and implement rules under the guidelines of the Motor Vehicle Act. Following are some of the functions of the office:
- To register vehicles and give them temporary and permanent registration number.
- To issue learner’s and driver’s licence.
- To book a registration number of your own choice.
- To combat air pollution caused by vehicles.
- To issue fitness certificate to commercial vehicles.
- To assist in online vehicle registration and driver’s licence.
- To strictly enforce permit conditions for safe school transport.
- To issue state, inter-state, national and tourist permit to commercial vehicles.
- To ease the process of road tax collection.
- To issue various tenders for the Transport Department.
- To grant registration for E-Autorickshaws and other innovative projects started by the Transport Department of Delhi.