Multiple occasions can lead to a PAN card name change. Such occasions are misspelt names, incorrect names and name change after marriage. In such a case, you can apply for a PAN card name change online by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of NSDL and download the PAN card name correction form to fill it up online.
- After properly filling up the form, submit it by affixing a photograph of the applicant.
- You will reach the payment gateway from where you need to make the payment.
- In case of PAN card name correction online, you can make the payment via net banking or credit or debit card. However, for offline payment, you need to make a demand draft and send it to the address of the NSDL office along with your application form.
- Finally, after payment and submission, you will receive your fresh PAN card within 45 days.
Note: In case of filling up application forms online for address change and authenticating the same by Aadhaar OTP, you cannot change the address because, by default, the address in your Aadhaar is taken. Therefore, you need to get your address updated in the Aadhaar card first and then fill up the form for address change in PAN.