Here are a few easy ways to know your PAN card status.
Track PAN card by acknowledgement number
Once you have submitted your PAN application, you will receive an acknowledgement slip containing a 15-digit number. You can check PAN card status by acknowledgement no. if you download the slip during the application process. Given below are some steps to follow to track PAN with an acknowledgement number.
- Go to the official website of NSDL (National Securities Depositories Ltd).
- A “Track PAN Status” will be visible on the screen. Click on it.
- You will get an “Application Type” section from where you need to tap on “PAN-New/Change Request.”
- Now you need to submit the 15-digit acknowledgement number in the required field.
- The screen will show a captcha code. Enter it to verify the status of your PAN application.
- Finally, tap on the “Submit” option.
- Upon submitting, your application status will be visible on the screen.
Track PAN card without acknowledgement number
In case you have lost your acknowledgement slip or forgotten to download it, you can check PAN status without acknowledgement number by following the steps given below:
- Visit the Tax Information Network portal of NSDL.
- From the “Application Type” field, choose “PAN-New/Change Request.”
- Now you will need to select the “Name” section to check PAN card status without an acknowledgement number.
- Type your first, middle, and last name and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” option to view your application status.
Track PAN card status by your date of birth and name
There are no procedures for PAN application status checks by using the date of birth only. You can check PAN card status by mobile number via SMS or call service if this procedure seems confusing. However, you can check PAN details by verifying your name and DOB in the following manner.
- You need to visit the official website of Income Tax e-filing.
- Upon finding the “Quick Links” section, tap on “Verify Your PAN Details.”
- Provide your details like name, DOB and Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Now you will have to select the application status.
- Submit the captcha code for verification.
- Click on the “Submit” option.
- You will get details on PAN and its active status.
However, you can follow the PAN card status check by name procedure from the above section.
Track PAN card status by SMS
The procedure of PAN card check by name is not as reliable as checking your PAN status by using SMS services. This is simple and easy to follow. You should check PAN card status by mobile number to get instant information. All you need to do is type “NSDLPAN,” followed by the 15-digit acknowledgement number, and send it to “57575.” You will receive an SMS about your PAN card status in some time.
Track PAN card status by using a phone
Another way to check PAN card status by mobile number is by using your phone and calling the Tax Information Network call centre on 020-27218080. You will need to provide your acknowledgement number when asked, and then you will receive an update on the current status of your PAN from the caller’s end.
In addition to this, you can check your PAN application status by using the Aadhaar number. All you need to do is visit the official website for Income Tax e-filing and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number to view your PAN status. According to the government rules, one needs to link the Aadhaar card with the PAN card by 30th June 2021. (Source: Website link)
Therefore, it is advisable to apply for a PAN card and check PAN card status by mobile number or acknowledgement number as per your convenience by following the procedures mentioned in this guide.