These days, most banks and financial institutions link the two when an individual opens a new bank account. So, if you are one of these individuals, you can sit back and enjoy the benefits of the same.
However, if you are yet to link your PAN card with your bank account, you can easily do so through any of these routes:
Link PAN with an account at bank branches
You can opt for an offline PAN account linking. Here is a rundown on this process:
- Step 1: Visit the home branch of the bank you hold an account with.
- Step 2: Ask for a KYC (Know Your Customer) application form.
- Step 3: Then, duly fill out the required particulars in the form, such as your personal and PAN details.
- Step 4: Submit this form along with a self-attested copy of your PAN card. Additionally, you might be asked to forward a letter addressing the branch manager requesting a linkage of your PAN with the bank account.
Link PAN with bank account online
If you do not have the time to visit your bank’s home branch, you can go for a PAN-Bank account linking via the online option.
Moreover, before we elaborate on how to link PAN to bank account online, we must tell you that the process slightly differs with each bank.
Nevertheless, highlighted below is the generic representation of the process:
- Step 1: Visit the official net banking portal of your bank.
- Step 2: Log in to your account by entering your credentials, such as username, customer ID and password.
- Step 3: Navigate through your profile and find ‘PAN Registration’, ‘Service Requests’, or ‘Services’ and click on the relevant option.
- Step 4: Now, submit your PAN details, such as the PAN number, your date of birth, and registered email ID, to proceed.
Once you input these details, the bank will verify their authenticity and link the PAN card with your bank account. Moreover, the time taken to complete this process varies between banks.
Alternatively, you can also opt for a PAN-Bank account linking via your bank’s official mobile application. For this, you should enter your PAN details in the application and raise a request for linking the same with your bank account.
Link PAN with the bank via phone call
To link a PAN card with a bank account through a phone call, find the toll-free contact number of your bank. This number is available on a bank’s official website, passbook or cheque book. After that, you should follow these steps:
- Step 1: Place a call on the hotline number and proceed as indicated by the Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- Step 2: Once you get connected with a customer care executive, convey that you wish to link PAN to your account.
- Step 3: The executive will ask you a few questions for customer verification purposes. So, make sure that you answer them correctly.
- Step 4: After verifying your identity, you need to provide the executive with your PAN details and consent to access the PAN database.
You will then receive a service request number and confirmation at the end of this call. The PAN-account linking should be completed within 2-7 working days.