The two separate PAN Card filling form methods are discussed below –
Online Method to Fill Form 49a and Form 49aa
Individuals can apply for an online PAN card through either the NSDL and UTIITSL portal.
- Step-1- Visit the official website of “NSDL”.
- Step-2- Navigate to the form related to the PAN Card application. Select application type – ‘New PAN- Indian Citizen (Form 49A)/New PAN - Foreign Citizen (Form 49AA)’ and categories such as individual, an association of persons, a body of individuals, company, trust, and limited liability partnership.
- Step-3- Provide applicant’s information and basic details like name, surname, middle name, title, date of birth, e-mail ID, and mobile number, among others.
- Step-4- Enter captcha code
- Step-5- Click on “Submit”.
Step-1- Visit the official website of “UTIITSL”.
Step-2- Click on ‘For PAN Cards’
Step-3- Select ‘Apply PAN Card’ from the drop-down list
Step-4- The main page will display various options, including the tabs of PAN Card on Indian Citizen/NRI as for PAN Card for Foreign Citizen.
Step-5- Click on the ‘Click to Apply’ link below either of the tabs per applicability.
If you select a PAN Card as an Indian Citizen/NRI, the following page will again show three tabs. Select 'Apply for New PAN Card(Form 49A)'.
Alternate Step-6- Fill out the details and check the options.
Alternate Step-7- Click on Submit.
If you select a PAN Card as for Foreign Citizen, the following page will again display four tabs. Click on ‘Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49AA)’.
Alternate Step-6- Provide data on the relevant boxes.
Alternate Step-7- Enter captcha code.
Alternate Step-8- Click on “Submit”.
Step-9- After clicking on “Submit”, one has to make the payment.
Applicants can complete payment through credit card, debit card, wallet payments, and UPI, among others. Acknowledgement receipts will be generated thereafter.
Step-10- After a successful payment, individuals need to download the application form, acknowledgement receipts, and take a printout.
Step-11- Finally, upload the scanned images of supporting documents, photos, and signature, and digitally sign the application online.
Please note that PAN Card’s online application process is based on e-sign (Aadhaar based e-sign) and Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
Therefore, applicants need not submit any physical document for e-sign or DSC-based PAN applications.
However, individuals can choose to forward the documents physically.
For this, they have to send all the documents – duly signed and photos along with acknowledgement receipts and other supporting documents – to ‘INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)’ at 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune-411 016.
Offline Method to Fill Form 49A and Form 49AA
Follow the steps mentioned below for Form 49 AA and Form 49A online filling –
- Step-1- Visit the official website of NSDL or UTIITSL.
- Step-2- Select “New PAN” from the website.
- Step-3- Choose Form 49A and Form 49AA.
- Step-4- Fill out the details in the respective form.
- Step-5- After filling in the required data, submit the form.
- Step-6- Complete the processing fee payment. An acknowledgement slip will be generated.
- Step-7- Take a printout of the form and sign in the relevant box.
- Step-8- Attach photographs of the acknowledgement along with other supporting documents and a copy of the Demand Draft (if you pay the processing fee through DD).
- Step-9- Submit the form and documents to the NSDL office within 15 days of submitting the online application form.
Once all the procedures are completed, the PAN Card will be dispatched to the given address (as mentioned in the form) within 15 working days.