All about RTO Offices in Gurgaon
RTO Gurgaon comes under The Transport Department of Haryana, founded under Sec.213 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Gurgaon comes under the RTO code ‘HR’ because it is geographically a part of Haryana.
While it ensures implementation of all the rules and regulations as per the Motor Vehicles Act, the major role of RTO Gurgaon is also to maintain an environment-friendly and effective transport system in the state.
HR-26 RTO Office in Gurgaon - North
The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram (North), Haryana - 122018
(91)-124-2321808 / 2224444
HR-55 RTO Office in Gurgaon - for Commercial Vehicles only
The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram, Haryana - 122001
HR-72 RTO Office in Gurgaon - South - Private Vehicles only
The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram (South), Haryana - 122018
Functions of RTO Offices in Gurgaon
While the functions of RTO all over India are similar, yet there are certain functions that vary from city to city depending on the kind of vehicles that are frequently utilised in various cities. Some of the functions of RTO Gurgaon are:
- Enforcement of the provisions as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Road Safety Promotion.
- Collection of fees and taxes as amended in Motor Vehicles Act.
- Pollution check.
- Issuing driving licence for driving schools.
- Issuing Conductor Licence.
- Issuance of driver’s licence.
- Motor Vehicle registration.
- Renewal/grant of permits to transport vehicles.
- Issuance of fitness certificate for transport vehicles.
Types of Driving licence issued by RTO Gurgaon
Issuance of driving licence differs from vehicle to vehicle. As issued by The State Transport Department of Haryana, below are the types of licences that are issued by RTO Gurgaon.
- Driving licence for automatic vehicles with engine capacity of 50cc or below.
- Driving licence for geared vehicles and for vehicles exceeding an engine capacity of 50cc.
- Driving licence for heavy goods vehicles.
- Driving licence for commercial vehicles or transport vehicles.
Types of Vehicle Registration by RTO Gurgaon
There are 2 types of vehicle registration that is provided by the Gurgaon RTO:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: For vehicles that need to be transported to another state, temporary vehicle registration is granted. It is valid only for a period of one month and is issued within a period of 3 days after examining the vehicle.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: As per Sec.39 of Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, it is mandatory to get your vehicle permanently registered. Within 7 days of purchase of the vehicle it is advisable to submit your application in the nearest RTO office.