You can choose a vegetarian diet that includes fruits and veggies of your choice to support your weight loss.
Depending on the preference, you can add or eliminate veggies, eggs and dairy. You can also look for smart ways to include certain fruits or veggies without affecting your palate.
For instance, if you dislike a certain vegetable, substitute it with vegetable juice for weight loss or smoothie. However, it is recommended to consume fresh juices, not the processed ones.
Here are some vegetarian foods that can aid in weight loss-
- Whole Grains- brown rice, quinoa, millet, farro, bulgur wheat and barley.
- Non-starchy Vegetables- cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, celery, and broccoli.
- Fruits for Weight Loss: oranges, berries, kiwi, mango, grapes, citrus, apples, and bananas.
- Legumes and Beans - kidney beans, black beans, lentils, and pinto beans.
- Seeds and Nuts - almonds, nut butter, pistachios, sunflower seeds, cashews, chia seeds and walnuts.
- Lean Proteins- legumes, Greek yoghurt, beans, tempeh, edamame, seeds, eggs, milk, soy products, and nuts.
- Starchy Vegetables for Weight Loss - winter squash, potatoes, corn, and peas.
- Healthy Fats- olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, coconut, cheese and nut butter.
- Healthy Beverages- fruit-infused water, organic seltzer, vegetable juices, black coffee or tea and plain water.
Additionally, oats, beetroots, blueberries, apples, chickpeas are some foods that fall under the list of good carbs for weight loss.
Here are some foods that you must eliminate when following a vegetarian diet.