How to Change Details in Atal Pension Yojana Scheme?
The Indian Government launched the Atal Pension Yojana in 2015, and it came as a replacement for Swavalamban Yojana. Its primary focus is to offer pensions to individuals working in an unorganised sector. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) also permits to increase or decrease pension amounts annually.
Are you an existing beneficiary and want to upgrade your pension amount? Or want to change your address in Atal Pension Yojana? If yes, continue reading to learn more.
Correction in Atal Pension Yojana: How to Update Your Details?
PFRDA has communicated with banks to make it easier for subscribers to access services online. This ensures contactless and flexible accessibility in services. Benefits include downloading the form to update details in Atal Pension Yojana and more. If you are looking to change your details in APY, take a look at the following procedures:
- Visit the official website of NPS (https://npscra.nsdl.co.in/nsdl-forms.php)
- Select "Forms" and click on "Subscriber Maintenance." Download the Atal Pension Yojana correction form. (APY-SP Form)
Right tick the correct boxes and fill in the form with relevant changes. This includes personal information, bank details, etc. Submit the form to the bank where you have an Atal Pension Yojana account. Attach your form with relevant documents. Also, don't forget to keep the stamped acknowledgement after submitting your form to the APY service provider.
- Visit the bank where you have an Atal Pension Yojana account.
- Approach a bank representative with a letter mentioning the required changes.
- You must submit your letter with the supporting documents.
Once you submit the form, the respective department will initiate your request. Accordingly, it will make the necessary changes. Once you know how to make corrections in Atal Pension Yojana online and offline, learn how to fill up the form.
How Should You Fill Your Atal Pension Yojana Correction Form?
Here are the following changes you can make:
- Personal details
- Nomination details
- Date of birth
- Upgrade and downgrade of payment
- Bank details
- Request for reissue of e-PRAN or Permanent Retirement Account Number/e-Statement of Transaction/subscriber information brochure.
Now, let's delve deeper into each of these pointers and learn how to change the same.
Update Your Name
If you want to change your name, go to the "Personal Details" section mentioned in the form. Fill in with your correct name. You can also change your mobile number in Atal Pension Yojana under this section. Besides, correct your additional contact details like email ID, address, PAN card details, etc.
Below, a section requires information about your status as a taxpayer and entitlement under any social security schemes. However, it is applicable for subscribers who have enrolled to this scheme on or before 31st March 2016.
So, once you change your address in Atal Pension Yojana, you can go on to change the bank details.
Change Your Bank Account in Atal Pension Yojana
Here, you can make changes in:
- Bank account number
- Bank name
- IFSC code
Once you have completely changed your bank details in Atal Pension Yojana, move ahead to update more information.
Update Your APY Nominee
Are you browsing the internet typing, "Can we change the nominee in the Atal Pension Yojana?"
The answer is yes. However, the more important question is how to change the nominee in Atal Pension Yojana. You can correct the nominee name under the section "Change/Correction in Nominee/Spouse Details." Make the corrections to the following:
- Spouse name
- Marital status
- Right tick if the nominee falls under "Major." For minors, the date of birth and name of the guardian is mandatory.
- Nominee name
- Date of birth
- Guardian name
- Relationship with the beneficiary
Check the information and submit it by signing your name in the declaration.
Change Your Date of Birth
You can also change your date of birth by filling in the correct date, month and year (DD/MM/YYYY). Submit it by selecting the declaration section along with your signature.
Change Your Pension Amount in Atal Pension Yojana
- To upgrade your pension amount, visit the official website of NPS. Visit the following link https://npslite-nsdl.com/CRAlite/APYUPDNGradeView.do.
- Enter your PRAN and new pension amount. Submit it by entering the Captcha code.
A similar procedure is applicable for downgrading your pension amount. Here you have to visit the official link https://npslite-nsdl.com/CRAlite/APYDNGradeView.do. The following process follows the similar instruction mentioned above.
Alternatively, you can download the "Atal Pension Yojana Upgrade or Downgrade Pension Amount" form from the official website. Here you need to mention the revised pension scheme.
Also, you need to pay the applicable charges to upgrade or downgrade a pension amount. In case of a downgrade, the bank will refund the amount to your bank account.
Important Instructions to Keep in Mind While Filling in the Form
- Fill in the form with legible block letters.
- You must have a 12-digit PRAN.
- Submission of relevant documents is essential.
- A bank is liable to reject your application for an update if it is incomplete or not supported by documents.
- Keep stamped acknowledgement receipt after submitting the form for future reference.
- You must submit this correction form to the bank to make the required modification.
Thus, keep all pointers in mind when you change your address in Atal Pension Yojana and other details. Individuals can also access other digital services like view or download APY e-PRAN, acquire transaction statements and more.