How to Drive an Auto Rickshaw: Steps Explained
The auto-rickshaw industry is booming in India due to inexpensive transportation rates. The lower number of car ownership and dense population are the primary reasons that people of India rely on auto-rickshaws for short-distance commuting.
If you are thinking of entering the auto-rickshaw driving business, you must learn its driving methods and keep certain things in mind. Wondering how to drive an auto-rickshaw? Stay tuned!
How to Drive an Auto-rickshaw?
Here is a step-by-step guide to driving an auto-rickshaw:
- Step 1- At first, put the ignition key in the first position.
- Step 2- Then, push left side lever and press start button.
- Step 3- Next, push left side lever back and press clutch pedal.
- Step 4- Now, start the auto-rickshaw to the first gear and then accelerate.
- Step 5- At last, release clutch and move forward.
To move the auto-rickshaw backwards, follow the steps mentioned below,
- Step 1- At first, lift the white knob and then push the clutch pedal.
- Step 2- Engage reverse gear and then accelerate.
- Step 3- Release the clutch and reverse.
- Step 4- Finally, release the reverse safety knob.
Now that the auto-rickshaw driving methods are clear to individuals, let's focus on the safety measures that they need to consider while driving.
What Are the Safety Measures Auto-rickshaw Drivers Must Follow?
Below are mentioned some safety measures that auto-rickshaw drivers must follow-
- Obey traffic rules
- Stick to speed limits
- Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles on the road
- Opt for regular maintenance
- Avoid distractions
- Do not consume alcohol while driving an auto-rickshaw
- Do not overtake from the wrong side
- Avoid changing lanes too often
- Check blind spots
What Are the Things that Auto-rickshaw Drivers Should Consider While Driving?
While driving an auto-rickshaw, drivers/owners must carry all the documents such as licence, permit, meter certificate, insurance certificate, registration certificate, fitness certificate, pollution under control. These documents will help auto-rickshaw owners to avoid penalties due to the unavailability of papers.
Further, they must take a limited number of passengers and ensure their safety by driving at the specified speed. Auto-rickshaw owners must keep an eye on CNG levels to avoid standing in the middle of roads with loaded passengers.
With a detailed discussion on how to drive an auto-rickshaw, we have reached the end of this piece. Learn the auto-rickshaw driving methods and follow the tips to ensure safe riding with passengers.