What are Tipper Trucks: Types, Carrying Capacity and Benefits Explained
Commercially heavy-duty trucks are used to transport bulky goods over a long distance. They have a comprehensive advantage in logistics and fleet rental businesses. Among various types of heavy-duty trucks are the versatile tipper trucks. They are meant to carry heavy loads with a tipper body on the rear.
Let us dive deep and learn more about what tipper trucks are, their carrying capacity and the different types of tipper trucks.
What are Tipper Trucks?
Tipper trucks are heavy-duty trucks that carry heavy loads with a tipper on the rear. Tipper trucks are commonly used in construction sites to transport material quickly and safely. These trucks have a unique construction given their applicability and are of different types as well.
What is the Carrying Capacity of a Tipper Truck?
A tipper truck can be classified based on its load-carrying capacity. The following are the classifications:
- 2,000 Kg to 15,000 Kg for light tipper trucks.
- Up to 30,000 Kg for medium tipper trucks.
- Up to 40,823 Kg for heavy tipper trucks.
What are the Different Types of Tipper Trucks?
Discussed below are the 5 different types of tipper trucks:
1. Standard Tipper Truck
Standard tipper truck operates on a hydraulic system, which enables the lifting operation of the tipper on the rear to help in the easy deposition of the load on the ground. This kind of tipper truck comes in varied load capacities.
2. Semi-trailer End Tipper Truck
This kind of tipper truck consists of a trailer and a dump body at the back. Semi-trailer end tipper trucks have a huge load capacity but have a less stable dumping position than standard tipper trucks.
3. Side-Dump Truck
Unlike tipper trucks' normal vertical dumping position, side-dump trucks have a horizontal dumping position. This kind of tipper truck is versatile and has a unique dumping feature with a substantial load-carrying capacity.
4. Haul Truck
Haul trucks are big tipper trucks with a substantial load-carrying capacity. They are deployed at major construction and mining projects. With huge wheels, these tipper trucks can perform heavy-duty operations under varied climate conditions.
5. Belly Tipper Trucks
These tipper trucks can deposit the load in rows. This tipper truck can operate in reverse and has a high load-carrying capacity. In fact, these are capable of carrying up to 28 tons without any trouble.
What are the Benefits of a Tipper Truck?
Tipper trucks have the following benefits:
- Ease of transport: Tipper trucks can easily transport heavy material as they are meant for heavy-duty tasks.
- Cost Efficient: Using tipper trucks in the construction and mining industry is cost-efficient as it saves the cost of employing many people for lifting, carrying, and depositing material goods.
- Precise Operation: The hydraulic system in the rear of the tipper trucks offers precise unloading of the depositing material, which is a leverage of the tipper trucks over the other heavy-duty trucks.
Thus, tipper trucks are heavy-duty trucks commonly used to dump loose materials at different industries. With the flexibility to move anywhere, they can be used for precise unloading of the materials. These trucks are versatile and have a massive construction, mining, and transportation business.