Get a Motor Insurance quote for your Car/Bike.
- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
RTO Offices in Lucknow
Lucknow, the city of nawabs and the capital city of Uttar Pradesh has its RTO formed under the provisions of Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The regulatory and enforcement functions are carried out by the department as per the Motor Vehicle Act and ensures quality transport facilities to the masses. The Transport Commissioner supervises the department to carry out various responsibilities related to transport in the city.
Official Website of RTO Lucknow: http://uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/RTO-LUCKNOW
UP-32 RTO Office in Lucknow
The Regional Transport Officer ( RTO ), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh - 226001
0522- 2436445, 2433555
Functions of RTO Offices in Lucknow
Some of the functions of RTO in Lucknow are considered serious and taken up with extra measures. So better watch out when you’re driving in Lucknow or planning to buy a vehicle in the city.
- Implementation of road safety and pollution control measures
- Collection of road tax
- Issuance and renewal of registration certificate
- Issuance and renewal of driving licence
- Conducting of driving test
- Issuance of permits for public transport drivers
- Issuance and renewal of permits
- Issuance of fitness certificate for commercial vehicles.
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Lucknow
- Licence for LMV: The licence holder of this can drive cars, jeeps, three-wheelers, van, etc. These vehicles come under Light Motor Vehicle.
- Licence for Heavy commercial vehicle: The licence holder of this is eligible to drive heavy goods or passenger vehicles that are used for commercial purposes.
- Two-wheeler with gear: This gives the licence holder the legal permit to ride bikes and scooters with gear. This falls under MCWG (Motor Cycle with Gear)
- Two-wheeler without gear: The licence holder can ride two-wheelers that come under MCWOG (Motor Cycle without Gears) such as moped bikes, scooters without gears, etc.
- Two wheeler with an engine capacity of 50cc or less: The basic form of licence where an applicant as young as 16-year-old or above can apply. The application for this type of licence requires legal consent of the parents or guardians of the applicant.
Note: Cab and Auto Rickshaw drivers do not need a separate commercial driving licence to operate. Their personal LMV licence is enough to fulfil the legal mandates.
Types of Vehicle Registration by RTO Lucknow
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Lucknow are:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: Issued by the dealer when a new vehicle is purchased and can be used within the first 7 days from the date of delivery of the vehicle with an extension up to a month. With the help of this, permanent registration can be applied for.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: The applicant must have a valid registration certificate issued by the RTO office as soon as possible. The same is issued after proper submission of required documents by the applicant.