Ghaziabad RTO provides organised and systematic transport facility across the city while the fundamental mission is to implement various transport provisions under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
Mentioned below are the functions of RTO Ghaziabad:
- Issuance of licences, international driving licence, conductor licence, and related services
- Registration of different vehicle models including personal and commercial, permits, NOC issuance, among others
- Tax collection for the government
- Inspection of vehicles at check posts
- Environmental up-gradation through CNG/LPG conversion and PUC testings
- Road safety enforcement
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Ghaziabad
The broad vehicle categorisation for issue of licence are as follows:
- Two-wheeler with an engine capacity of 50cc or less - Eligibility is 16 or above years with consent of his guardian or parents along with the required documents
- Motorcycles with gear - MCWG: Eligibility is 18 or above years of age with valid required documents.
- Two-wheelers without gear - Issued for mopeds or two-wheelers without gear.
- Heavy commercial vehicle - Eligibility is 8th standard qualified with over or equal to 18 years of age with driving training certificate from registered school under the state government
- Driving Licence for road rollers, trailers, dozers, cranes, among others
- Licence for LMV - Eligibility is 18 or above years with valid required documents for driving light motor vehicles such as jeeps, cars.
Types of vehicle registration (VR) in RTO Ghaziabad:
RTO Ghaziabad offers two types of vehicle registration services. They are Temporary and permanent vehicle registration.
- When a vehicle is purchased from a dealer, registration of the same, to be able to drive it on roads legally, is mandatory. But since application and its issuance permanent vehicle registration certificate by RTO takes some time, temporary vehicle registration is issued by the dealer himself. This VR is valid only for 7 days and can be extended for 1 month. Post that a new permanent VR has to be applied in the local RTO with all the required documents.
- A Temporary Vehicle Registration is issued by the vehicle dealer at the sale of any new vehicle to customer with a validity of 7 days. The maximum period for which the temporary registration number is valid is a month. Meanwhile, the purchased/delivered vehicle has to be registered within this period by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in the concerned area of the owner to receive the Permanent Vehicle Registration.