EPF Passbook Download Process Explained
EPF is one of India’s best retirement benefit schemes. A passbook for your EPF account records every transaction available.
Here, you can learn what an EPF passbook is and how to complete an EPF passbook download!
What is an EPF Passbook?
An EPF passbook is an online passbook that records every transaction an employer or employee initiates through an EPF account. In addition, members can check their account statements and print or complete the EPF passbook download.
An EPF passbook contains all details of the PF account, such as the employer details, the employee details and interest earned. Learn how to download the PF passbook online!
Details Required to Download and Check Member’s Passbook
Before attempting the EPF passbook download, here are two things you will require:
- Your UAN
- EPF password
How to Download EPF Passbook?
Follow these steps and complete the EPF passbook download today!
Step 1: First, visit the official EPFO website: https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
Step 2: Click on the “e-Passbook” tab at the right. You will be redirected to this page.
Step 3: Enter your UAN and password details. Finish by entering the captcha. Then, click on the “Login” button.
Step 4: On the next page, you will see all member IDs. If you have many member IDs, all of them will be shown.
Step 5: Click on any of the member IDs, and the following details will be shown:
- Name of organisation
- Employer and employee contribution
- A contribution made towards EPS
- Employee name
Step 6: An employee can download the PF statement in PDF form and take a printout.
By following these steps, you can download the EPF passbook online.
How to Download EPF Passbook Via the App?
- Step 1: Download the M-Sewa app from PlayStore and launch it.
- Step 2: Select EPF services.
- Step 3: Next, choose the e-passbook tab and enter your UAN and password.
- Step 4: Log in, select the “Member ID” and click on “View Passbook.”
- Step 5: To sum up, you can view, download or print the passbook.
How to Login to EPF Passbook?
Follow these steps below to complete the EPF member passbook login.
- Step 1: Visit the official EPFO website
- Step 2: Go to the Services section and select “For Employees.”
- Step 3: Under Services, select “Members Passbook.” Then, the site will direct you to a page like this:
- Step 4: Enter the UAN and Password and login.
With these steps, you can easily accomplish the EPFO login for the passbook.
Login Details of EPF Account
Login details of any EPF account are as follows:
What Is the Username and Password for EPFO Login?
The username for EPFO login is the UAN number.
What Is the Password for EPFO Login?
It is the password that was set at the time of registration.
You can, if you want, reset the EPF passbook password.
How to Reset the Password for EPFO?
Follow these steps to reset the EPF passbook password:
- Step 1: Visit https://epfoportals.epfindia.gov.in/MIS2_0/.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Reset Password.’
- Step 3: Enter the details, such as the user ID, and reset your password.
- Step 4: An OTP is generated. Enter it, and your password has been reset.
What to Do if PF Passbook Is Not Available?
If your PF passbook is not available, then it means that your employer is handling this EPF account. Ask your employer for a statement of your PF.
In conclusion, this article discussed how to download the UAN passbook.
Moreover, at the time of registration with EPF, remember your UAN and password!