Terms and conditions apply*
RERA Act In Madhya Pradesh: What It Is And How To Register For It
RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh makes it mandatory for all real estate developers and projects in the state to register on the official site of RERA MP. As a result, it infuses transparency in the real estate sector and becomes a defence mechanism for homebuyers.
Let us learn more about this RERA Act, its rule, its benefits, and more!
What Is the RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh?
Madhya Pradesh is one of the most active states implementing RERA rules nationwide. As a result, the number of registration allowed by its government under RERA is quite sizable. Its officials first notified RERA rules in Madhya Pradesh on 22 October 2016.
The purpose of this launch was to solve the grievances of homebuyers. Till now (i.e., December, 2022), this site has registered about 4673 projects and 507 non-registered projects. Additionally, there are 1317 registered agents with the RERA site, and it has served 5300 complaints to this date.
What Are the Rules of RERA in Madhya Pradesh?
RERA Rules adopted by the government mention that any project with eight units or a plot size of 500 square metres or more has to register with the real estate regulatory authority. Moreover, according to the norm, a promoter must provide this information about his/her eligible project:
- The total amount of money an allottee has collected and utilised in completing the project.
- The size of their apartment is based on its carpet area.
- Details of the escrow account containing 70% of the money collected from its buyers.
- Status of the project with enough photogenic proofs. Also, if there is any delay, provide a revised timetable along with valid reasons.
- Original layout plan containing specifications that were approved and promised to allottees.
What Is the Registration Process of RERA in Madhya Pradesh for a Project?
You will have to follow this process to register a project on RERA in Madhya Pradesh:
Step 1 - Search for the official portal online.
Step 2 - Once its homepage loads, navigate to the option that mentions 'Registration.'
Step 3 - Select the 'Project registration' option from its dropdown list.
Step 4 - After clicking it, this site will take you to a new page where you will find instructions. Click on the 'Proceed' option.
Step 5 - A promoter profile page will load on your screen. Enter details like:
- Promoter's name
- PAN number
- Aadhaar card number
- Applicant type
- PAN copy
- Mobile number
- Father's name
Step 6 - Next, enter project details like its:
- Project name
- Project address
- Planning area
- The estimated cost of construction
- Fee calculation sheet
- Date of payment
- Proposed start and end date
- Agency for external development
- Land ownership
Step 7 - Tick the declaration box and select the 'Save' button.
Step 8 - You will find an upload document page under the 'Project registration' form.
Step 9 - Select the 'Choose file' option and upload your required documents in their preferred format.
Step 10 - Tick the declaration statement and click the 'Save' button.
Step 11 - Make payment by choosing the 'Make payment' option under a 'Payment' tab.
Step 12 - Select the 'Project' application type as filled and tap on the 'Submit' button.
Step 13 - A project registration form will appear on your screen.
Step 14 - Enter your application number and tap the 'Get details' button.
Step 15 - Finally, it will display a filled-up Project registration form on your computer screen.
Documents Required for Registration of a Project Under the RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh
You may need to submit these documents for project registration:
- Articles of Association
- Memorandum of Association
- Details of registration also contain those mentioned by bye-laws
- Passport-size photos of the director, chairman and other members in case the promoter is a company or a firm.
- Passport-size photo of the promoter.
- Aadhaar card and PAN card copies of the director, chairman and other members in case the promoter is a company or a firm.
- Aadhaar card and PAN card copies of the promoter
- Audited P/L account, Balance sheet, IT return, and Auditors report for the past three consecutive financial years.
- No encumbrance certificate as released by a revenue authority upper or equal to the position of Tehsildar
- Copy of all official papers, including lawful title deed proving the promoter's legal right and ownership of the proposed project property.
- Particulars of encumbrance certificate.
- A copy of the commencement certificate and the competent authority's approval
- Consent of the plot's owner along with a development agreement, collaboration agreement, or joint development agreement (if the promoter is not the plot's owner legally).
- If your project is proposed to develop in phases, submit a copy of approval and certificate of commencement provided by the competent authority for each stage.
- Project's location along with its address.
- Specifications and layout plan of the project along with a sanctioned plan provided by its competent authority
- The type, number, balcony area and carpet area of your proposed project's apartment for sale
- Agreement for sale.
- Conveyance deed
- Allotment letter's proforma
- Number of parking areas approved under the project
- Areas and number of garages for sale in the proposed project
- Form-B declaration along with an affidavit
- Address and name of the real estate contractors, agents, structural engineers, and architects involved in the project's development.
What Is the Registration Process of the RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh for a Project Agent?
If registering as a real estate agent, you must follow this procedure:
Step 1 - Visit the official portal of RERA in Madhya Pradesh.
Step 2 - Click on ‘Registration’ and then select the ‘Agent registration’ option.
Step 3 - A new page containing every instruction a real estate agent needs to know will appear.
Step 4 - Next, fill in the agent detail form by mentioning correct information under the name, applicant type, Father's name, Tehsil, District and other columns.
Step 5 - Make your payment to complete this process.
Also, keep all supporting documents handy as you may be required to upload them. Moreover, keep in mind that after you submit your registration form online, you must submit a hard copy of the application form to the RERA office in Madhya Pradesh within seven days. Additionally, it must be self-attested.
Documents Required for Registration of a Project Agent Under the RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh
The following documents need to be uploaded at the time of registering as an agent:
- A passport-size recent photograph of the real estate agent
- Specifications of registration.
- PAN card of real estate agents containing details under the particular section.
- An authenticated copy of your Aadhaar card
- If the applicant is an individual, provide an authenticated copy of the real estate agent's PAN card.
- If the applicant is a firm or company, provide an authenticated copy of the firm or company's PAN card.
- Income tax return document for the previous three fiscal years. A declaration if an applicant is exempted from filing returns under the Income Tax Act 1961.
- An authenticated copy of your business' address proof
- Any additional documents for reference
What Are the Registration Charges of RERA in Madhya Pradesh?
Registration charges of RERA in Madhya Pradesh are as follows:
Registration Charges Required for Real Estate Projects
For Type of Project
₹ 10 per sq metre into the permissible floor area ratio (FAR) for all plots.
₹ 20 per sq metre into the permissible FAR for plots used for non-residential purposes or commercial plots.
₹ 10 per sq metre into the proposed carpet area of the common facilities, residential units and connected constructions.
₹ 20 per sq metre into the proposed carpet area of the non-residential and commercial constructions.
Calculation of fees will be on the proportion of the area approved for residential and non-residential usage.
Registration Charges Required for On-Going Projects
For On-going Projects (of Planning or Non-Planning Areas)
₹ 40 per sq metre into the permissible floor area ratio (FAR) for all plots.
₹ 80 per sq metre into the permissible FAR for plots used for non-residential purposes or commercial plots.
₹ 40 per sq metre into the proposed carpet area of the common facilities, residential units along and connected constructions.
₹ 80 per sq metre into the proposed carpet area of the non-residential and commercial constructions.
Calculation of fees will be on the proportion of the area approved for residential and non-residential usage.
Registration Charges Required for Real Estate Agents
For Real Estate Agents
What Are the Latest Updates About RERA in Madhya Pradesh?
RERA officials said that if you see the number of registrations to estimate the progress of the real estate scenario in Madhya Pradesh, then it is quite progressive. The total number of projects registered in these past three months is more than that reported in 2020 to 2021.
In fact, along with big cities, small towns like Katni, Dindori, Jhabua, Rajgarh, Alirajpur, Shajapur, and Betul are also receiving project registrations. So, one can expect an increase in the project registration work of RERA.
From 2020 to 2021, people registered only 232 projects. However, this year has recorded 352 registrations in only three months.
How to Check the Application Status Under RERA in Madhya Pradesh Online?
Once a promoter or an agent has registered under RERA in MP, he or she can check whether the application form has been approved or rejected by logging into its official site. The process is as follows:
Step 1 - Visit the official site of RERA in Madhya Pradesh.
Step 2 - Locate the ‘Status’ tab and click on the ‘project registration status’ option.
Step 3 - A new window will open where you must provide your reference and PAN numbers to find details.
How to Search Registered Projects Under RERA in Madhya Pradesh Online?
Follow these steps to search for registered projects on RERA in MP:
Step 1 - Navigate to the official site RERA in Madhya Pradesh.
Step 2 - Locate and click on ‘Project’.
Step 3 - A list containing the option of an application under process, registered projects, and defaulters will appear. Select the ‘Registered Projects’ option.
Step 4 - Under it, you will find ongoing/completed/withdrawn/extended/lapsed/suspended project options. Choose your required option.
Step 5 - It will take you to a new window. Scroll through its options to find relevant data.
How to Search Registered Agents Under RERA in Madhya Pradesh Online?
Follow these below steps to check registered agents under RERA in Madhya Pradesh online:
Step 1 - Log in to the official site of RERA in MP.
Step 2 - You will find the ‘Agent’ tab on your screen. Choose between ‘Approved’ agents or ‘Rejected’ agents.
Step 3 - A list of the preferred agents will appear on your screen. Scroll to find yours.
How to Access the List of Rejected Applications Under RERA in Madhya Pradesh Online?
The following is the procedure to access the list of Rejected applications under RERA in Madhya Pradesh:
Step 1 - Visit the official site of RERA in Madhya Pradesh online.
Step 2 - Locate the ‘Project’ tab on its homepage and select it.
Step 3 - A dropdown list will appear mentioning All Projects, Registered Projects, Application Under Progress, and Defaulters. Click on defaulters.
Step 4 - Again, there is a choice between ‘Applications Rejected’ and ‘Non-compliant Projects.’ Click on the former option.
Step 5 - A list will appear on your screen. Scroll to find details.
How to Raise a Complaint Under RERA in Madhya Pradesh Online?
If you want to file a complaint under RERA in Madhya Pradesh, you must follow these steps:
Step 1 - Navigate to the official site of RERA in MP.
Step 2 - Select the ‘Complaint’ tab present on its homepage.
Step 3 - Choose between Form M or N and fill in the details required.
Step 4 - Once you submit your form, you will be redirected to a payment gateway page.
Step 5 - Make a payment of ₹ 1000 to complete your complaint.
How to Access Progress Report Under RERA in Madhya Pradesh Online?
You must follow these steps to access the progress report under RERA in Madhya Pradesh:
Step 1 - Log in to the site of RERA in MP.
Step 2 - Locate the ‘Project’ option. Under its dropdown list, you will find the ‘Application Under Progress’ option.
Step 3 - Under it, select the ‘Applications in-progress’ option.
Step 4 - A list will appear on your screen through which you can find your required information.
What are the Benefits of RERA in Madhya Pradesh?
The following are the benefits of implementing the RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh:
- Guarantee of Sound Construction - A property registered under RERA provides a five-year contract promising quality construction.
- Timely Delivery - Every project signed between the allottees and Madhya Pradesh developers must complete within a specified time. As a result, one could avoid unnecessary delays and price escalations.
- No Misleading Advertisements - RERA registration ensures no misleading information is advertised publicly. In fact, it allows advertising about a real estate project only after its successful completion.
We hope this guide has enlightened you about the details to know about RERA Act in Madhya Pradesh. The state government has taken this initiative to secure the interest of homebuyers and keep the transaction fully transparent. So, if you are an individual involved in a construction project, find the relevant data mentioned above.