Terms and conditions apply*
All About Land Survey in Bihar
The Revenue Department of Bihar has created an online platform, ‘Bihar Bhumi Bhulekh,’ to enable efficiency and transparency in maintaining land records. So, citizens can access this site to run a land survey in Bihar and get details like the owner’s name, land type, encumbrance, etc. The best thing about this digital initiative taken by the state government is anyone can access it no matter where they are. However, applicants must follow a simple step. Keep reading this article to know about it all.
How to Apply for a Land Survey in Bihar?
Here is a step-by-step explanation of applying for a land survey in Bihar. Follow these steps and get any details regarding Records of Rights, Crop Inspection Register, Tenancy Right, etc.
- Step 1: Visit the Bihar Jamabandi Portal.
- Step 2: You will be redirected to a page where you will see a zonal map of the area.
- Step 3: Select your village’s name in the next step.
- Step 4: Now, you can view land records by searching them by any of the following categories:
- View accounts of Mauja by ‘Name.’
- View accounts of Mauja by ‘Khasra Number.’
- View by ‘Khasra Number.’
- View by ‘Account Number.’
- View by ‘Account Holder’s Name.’
- Step 5: After selecting the preferred criteria, fill in the rest of the columns and click on the ‘Search’ tab.
What Are the Documents Required to Apply for Land Survey Maps Online in Bihar?
Certain essential documents that you may need before applying for land survey maps online in Bihar are as follows:
- Land survey application form with an affixed stamp
- Affidavit or stamp paper of the property mentioning owners
- Current and previous registered deed
- Sale deed
- Aadhaar card
- Up-to-date receipt of property tax payment
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Land documents containing attestation by the Gazetted officer
- Map of the proposed division (in sketch)
- RTC or Record of Right and Tenancy Certificate
- Zonal certificate by Urban Development Authority
- Certified copy of Land Tribunal order and rights of occupancy
- Other documents as required
What Is the Eligibility Criterion to Apply for Land Records & Surveys in Bihar?
According to the eligibility rule fixed by authorities for applying for land records & surveys in Bihar, applicants must be the property’s owner.
What Are the Fees or Charges for Carrying Out Land Survey in Bihar?
On a general note, the fee and charges for a survey vary between ₹ 1500 to ₹ 2500. However, for a new land survey in Bihar, you can ask the officials personally as it may differ according to the plot’s location.
How to Carry Out Land Demarcation in Bihar Using Survey Number Offline?
Citizens can also apply for land demarcation physically in Bihar. For this purpose, they need to follow a simple procedure mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the block office of the area and collect the application form issued by the authorities.
- Step 2: Complete filling up the application and attach all necessary documents along with it before submitting.
- Step 3: Upon receiving your application, the concerned official shall check whether the application is satisfactory and issue you an acknowledgement receipt. The request is then sent to the office’s Tahsildar.
- Step 4: If Tahsildar finds it fit, they pass an order on the same working day or the next day to initiate the process of demarcation. For this purpose, Tahsildar also sends a fixed date to the revenue officer and other officers after serving notice to involved parties.
- Step 5: At demarcation, the revenue officer prepares a spot memo to get it signed by the Chairman of the Land Committee, all the involved parties and two independent witnesses.
- Step 6: Even if one of these parties refuses to sign in the spot memo, the Revenue officer makes an endorsement and follow a procedure as per the case.
- Step 7: Then, within 15 days of demarcation, the report prepared by officers along with the spot memo is submitted.
- Step 8: Upon reviewing this report, Tahsildar approves further action and construction of boundary is completed within one week period.
How to Check Minimum Value Register or MVR Online in Bihar?
Using the land survey records in Bihar, people can also find the MVR of their land by the following procedure:
- Step 1: Log in to your Bhumijankari account and select the option ‘View MVR’.
- Step 2: The site will ask you to fill in your registered office, thana code, circle name, and land type.
- Step 3: As you submit the details, you will view your MVR.