Jaipur RTO provides organised and systematic transport facility across the city while the fundamental mission is to implement various transport provisions under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. Mentioned below are the functions of RTO Jaipur:
- Issuance of different types of driving licence like a learner, permanent, renewal, duplicate, additions of class licence and international driving permit, etc.
- Registration certificate and its related services, namely Trade Certificate, Temporary Registration, Permanent Registration, Renewal, Duplicate, Ownership Transfer,
- Permits that includes Issuance of permits, renewal of permits and issuance of duplicate permits to Auto rickshaw, Motor Cab, Luxury Cabs, among others
- Collection of Quarterly Tax, Life Time Tax, Green Tax, Countersignature Tax, Short Term Tax, Composite Tax, Border Tax and looking into Tax Exemptions
- Issuance of fitness certificates
- Collecting fees and penalties
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Jaipur
The broad vehicle categorisation for the issue of licence are as follows:
- Motorcycle with an engine capacity of up-to 50cc (MCWoG): Applicant must be 16 or above years and should have consent of his guardian or parents along with the required documents
- Motorcycles with gear (MCWG): Applicant must be 18 years of age or above with valid required documents. These are Light Motor Vehicles (LMV) used for private, commercial or transport.
- Two-wheelers without gear: Issued for mopeds or two wheelers without gear
- Heavy commercial vehicle: Applicant must be 8th standard qualified and over or equal to 18 years of age with driving training certificate from registered school under state government
- Driving Licence for road rollers, trailers, dozers, cranes, among others
- Licence for Personal Four wheeler: Applicant must be 18 years of age or above with valid required documents
- Licence for Commercial Four wheeler (TRV): Applicant must be 8th standard qualified and over or equal to 18 years of age with proper driving/ training certificate
Note: Cab and Auto Rickshaw drivers do not need a separate commercial driving licence to operate. Their personal LMV licence is enough to fulfill the legal mandates.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Jaipur
RTO Jaipur offers two types of vehicle registration services. They are:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: Issued by the vehicle dealer at the sale of any new vehicle to the customer with a validity of 7 days, extension permissible up to one month.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: Issued by RTO and serves as permanent registration certificate.