- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
What’s Covered in Maruti 800 Car Insurance
Car Insurance plans for Maruti Suzuki 800
Damages/Losses to own car due to an accident
Damages/Losses to own car in case of fire
Damages/Losses to own car in case of a natural calamity
Damages to Third-Party Vehicle
Damages to Third-Party Property
Personal Accident Cover
Injuries/Death of a Third-Party Person
Theft of your car
Doorstep Pick-Up & Drop
Customize your IDV
Extra protection with customized add-ons
Know more about the difference between comprehensive and third party insurance
How to file a Claim?
After you buy or renew our car insurance plan, you live tension free as we have a 3-step, completely digital claims process!
Just call on 1800-258-5956. No forms to be filled
Get a link for Self-Inspection on your registered mobile number. Shoot your vehicle’s damages from your smartphone through a guided step by step process.
Choose the mode of repair you wish to opt for i.e. Reimbursement or Cashless through our network of garages.
How fast are Digit Insurance Claims Settled?
This is the first question that should come to your mind when switching your insurance company. Good you’re doing that!Read Digit’s Claims Report Card
More about Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki 800
Maruti Suzuki, a well known established brand in the automobile industry, has contributed major designs of cars. Each of their models has always served a purpose. Maruti Suzuki 800 was introduced in the year 1983. It has been a legend in the Indian automotive industry. It was a small hatch-back car made for short city rides. This was the most influential car manufactured by Maruti Suzuki.
The names suggest that Maruti Suzuki was of 800 cubic capacity which had a hi-tech petrol engine. Quite an affordable car, it brought a revolution in the automobile industry. Maruti Suzuki 800 was the most exported car in the early ’90s.
The competition kept increasing every year with different companies and models coming into the market. Soon in the year because of the lack of space and the decline in the demand, the production of Maruti Suzuki 800 was stopped in 2014.
Why did people buy Maruti Suzuki 800?
People buy cars for luxury. And when you talk about Maruti Suzuki 800, here is why it witnessed a revolution with heavy sales volume.
- Quite affordable for any Indian middle-class family.
- Gave space for about 4 people to sit comfortably.
- Less fierce competition in small segment of cars.
- Features and performance of the car were excellent.
- One of the four-wheelers that gave a mileage of 14 km per litre to 16.6 km per litre.
- It came with adjustable headlights, and both power and manual adjustable exterior rearview mirror.
- Manual Transmission.
- The reliability of Maruti Suzuki brand
- Low cost of maintenance, popularity and the demand of the car made it the People’s Car in India
Check: Know more about Maruti Car Insurance
Why is it important to buy insurance for your Maruti Suzuki 800?
Though discontinued in the market since 2014, there may be some people who would still be using this car. No matter how old a vehicle gets, as per the Motor Vehicle Act, every vehicle running on the road should be insured properly. For a car so old, you may buy a car insurance policy because of:
- Protect from Unforeseen Financial Liabilities: The Own Damage section cover under Comprehensive Car Policy will pay you for financial liabilities incurred due to damage to the vehicle. It protects your car against any damage from an accident, natural calamities, theft or vandalism, strikes, and riots. Though the cost of repairs for such an old vehicle may not be high and you can easily afford it. But, if you prefer a comprehensive package cover, then it will be wise to have.
- To drive legally on Indian roads: An Insurance Policy is your legal permit to drive a vehicle legally on the road. Without an insurance policy, you may be penalized with heavy fines leading to the cancellation of your license and prison time.
- Third-Party Liability: Whether you use a vehicle or not, a Third-Party Liability Policy is a mandatory cover. It protects you for property damage and bodily injury liability incurred by you when you are deemed at fault.