The best time to visit the US is from March to May and September to November, i.e. during Autumn and Spring. The weather is pleasant, and you can experience the festive mood that the country goes through during this time.
So, if you are planning a trip to the USA, read on more about the best time to visit the USA, and the places you can travel to during these seasons.
Best Seasons to Visit the United States
You can explore the United States best during Spring and Autumn as they offer a pleasant experience of its surroundings.
Time Period: September to November
Temperature range: 16 to 27 degrees Celsius
Average Rainfall: 61 mm
The best time to travel to the USA from India is during Autumn as this country is in a festive mood to celebrate their Harvest season. The weather is pleasant and comfortable, with clear skies, and you will notice the foliage acquiring a fantastic yellow and reddish tone. This creates an impressive backdrop attracting a lot of tourists during this season.
Camping, mountain driving, and rock climbing are some favourite activities that you can indulge in. However, September marks the beginning of hurricanes in Florida. So, you must avoid visiting that place during this time.
Places to Visit in United states during Autumn Season
1. Visit the Electric Zoo music festival in New York.
2. Travel to the USA and enjoy the Jazz Festival in Detroit.
3. Enjoy a nine-day electro-music festival known as Burning Man in Nevada's Black Rock Desert.
4. Go apple picking in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or Vermont.
5. Visit Louisiana Pecan Harvest Festival and enjoy live music, fireworks, parades, and other activities.
6. Be a part of the American Thanksgiving Feast and book your table at a restaurant to enjoy roasted turkeys and other delicacies.
7. Visit Zion National Park.
8. Enjoy the stunning scenery at the Grand Canyon.
9. If you are an adventure enthusiast and want to experience hiking trails, visit Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Best Season to visit USA
Time Period: March to May
Temperature range: 21.1 to 11.1 degrees Celsius
Average Rainfall: 68 mm
A favourable time for hiking, camping, and biking, Spring in the United States is also the best time to visit the USA. It lasts from March to May and is a wonderful time if you plan to visit the country's heritage sites. Offering you an excellent insight into the beauty of this country, during spring, snow melts, and wildlife comes to the open. So, you can also visit these national parks.
Since there are not many tourists during this time of the year, you can get lower travel and accommodations in the United States. Therefore, spring is a perfect season for you if you want to explore this country without the crowd bothering you.
Places to Visit & Things to do in United states during Spring Season
1. Visit mystic hot springs of Utah.
2. Do not miss out on the Tulip Festival in Holland.
3. Enjoy lovely bluebonnets of the hill country of Texas.
4. Enjoy the International Cherry Blossom Festival of Macon in Georgia.
5. Enjoy the annual Wildflower festival in Coachella valley in California.
6. Visit Hawaii Islands to enjoy a magical time there.
7. Enjoy the stellar view of the gorge at Rowena Crest.
8. Take a wine tour adventure at Napa Valley.
9. Enjoy whale watching in Seattle.
10. Visit the magical destination in Alaska to witness Chena Hot Spring.
Best Season to visit USA
Time Period: May to September
Temperature range: 27 to 32 degrees Celsius
Average Rainfall: 71 mm
Summer is considered a peak season in the United States, with many tourists visiting this country. A hot and humid temperature, the summer months come with scorching heat and is an ideal time if you want to bask under the sun and explore this country.
Places to Visit & Things to do in United states during Summer
1. Walk down or relax on the beautiful beaches of the East and West coast.
2. Enjoy jazz music in New Orleans
3. Enjoy native American culture in the powwow.
4. Drive along Carolina’s Blue Ridge Parkway and view the pastoral landscapes of Appalachian Highlands.
5. Drive down the scenic Pacific Coast Highway.
6. Enjoy Minor Leagues in Blue Wahoos in Florida.
7. Go yachting in Florida.
8. Go rafting on the Arkansas river.
When to Avoid Visiting the United States?
Time Period: December to February
Temperature range: - 4 degrees Celsius to 2 degrees Celsius
Average Rainfall/Snowfall: 55 mm
The winter season, which lasts from December to February, is an off-season in the United States. There is extreme snowfall, and the temperature drops below freezing point. All tourist spots remain closed during this time.
When Is It the Cheapest to Travel to the United States?
If you are planning to travel to the United States, keeping in mind your budget, January and September are the best months to visit the USA. It is entirely off-season, and few travellers visit the country. Therefore, the prices of flights and hotel accommodations drop too, saving you a lot of money. During this time, visit Las Vegas, Cincinnati, Orlando or Palm Springs.
Another month you can consider a cheap travelling option is from May to early June and August to the middle of October. These are the shoulder seasons, and the weather is warm and pleasant, allowing you to avoid the bustling summer crowds. It is just after peak time and before the off-season when fewer travellers exist. So, you can find fantastic tour packages and excellent international flight deals within your budget.
What Are the Things to Know Before Visiting the United States?
Exploring the countless natural wonders of the United States is absolutely thrilling. But before flying to the USA, here are the things you must keep in mind:
Since the US is a vast country, you must plan your travel itinerary accordingly.
Book your domestic and international flights separately.
Every state of the US has their own sales tax so you will be billed accordingly.
You must avoid physical contact with people you do not know.
When you are having any conversation, keep your conversation flowing and do not stop abruptly.
You must be 25 years of age to rent a car and 21 to consume alcohol.
What Are the Tips for Travelling in the United States?
When you are planning to visit the USA, the following are the tips you must remember:
Americans are very punctual. So you must be on time too.
There are separate smoking areas, and you must not smoke anywhere else.
You must abide by traffic laws and rules.
Do not show curiosity in someone’s personal space.
A road trip can be an exciting way to explore the US.
So, now that you have an idea about the seasons and best time to visit the USA during these seasons, start planning your trip. But be sure to possess travel insurance as you plan to travel to the USA, which will ensure you get financial coverage in case of any medical emergency. This includes baggage loss, theft, luggage damage, hotel and flight cancellations, medical emergencies, etc. This will also help you to enjoy the journey and vacation in the United States.
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions mentioned in your policy schedule and policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Download International Travel Insurance Policy Wordings
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka | Trade logo of Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. displayed above belongs to Go Digit lnfoworks Services Private Limited and is provided and used by Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. under license.