How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Gurgaon?
Gurgaon is located in the southwest part of Delhi. Lately, it has become the financial hub of India. The job prospects in Gurgaon are rapidly increasing, which is adding to the number of residents in the city.
The traffic in the city is also experiencing a surge due to an increase in its population. The RTO offices, however, are performing their duties without fail, including issuing driving licences in Gurgaon.
Types of Driving Licences Issued in Gurgaon
The different types of driving licence issued in Gurgaon are mentioned below:
1. Learner’s Licence: A learner's licence is given to those who are just starting to learn how to drive. This licence is valid for up to 6 months. Those who fail the driving test need to apply for the learner's licence again.
2. Permanent Driving Licence: Candidates can apply for a permanent licence after they have obtained a learner's licence. This licence is valid for up to 20 years or until licence holders turn 50 years of age. Once licence holders turn 50, this licence has to be renewed irrespective of the date of issue.
3. Commercial Driving Licence: A commercial driving licence is granted to those driving commercial or transport vehicles like buses, cabs and goods-carrying vehicles. The minimum age to obtain a commercial driving licence is 20 years within a minimum qualification till the 8th standard.
4. International Driving Permit: An International Driving License is granted to those who want to drive outside the country. Individuals must have a permanent driving licence before applying for an International Driving Permit. This permit comes with a validity of a year and has to be reapplied for after its expiry.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Driving Licence in Gurgaon
The eligibility criteria to apply for a driving licence in Gurgaon is mentioned below:
- The minimum age to operate a two-wheeler with an engine capacity of less than 50 cc is 16 years.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or above to drive a two-wheeler with an engine capacity of more than 50 cc. The age limit remains the same for four-wheelers.
- Individuals willing to drive commercial vehicles must be at least 20 years of age and have a minimum qualification till the 8th standard.
- It is mandatory to have a learner’s licence for at least 30 days before applying for a permanent licence.
Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Gurgaon
The list of documents that must be submitted while applying for a driving licence is mentioned below:
1. Proof of Age
The documents that can be provided as proof of age are mentioned below:
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bills
- Education certificate by any state-recognised board
2. Address Proof
The documents that can be provided as address proof are mentioned below:
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- LIC Policy Bonds
- Employment Certificate from the Central or State Government
3. Other Necessary Documents
Other documents necessary to apply for a driving licence are mentioned below:
- Application form 2/4
- Driving Licence Form 5 for those applying for a commercial driving licence
- Photocopy of the learner’s licence
- Passport size photographs
How to Apply for a Driving Licence Online in Gurgaon?
The procedure to apply for a driving licence in Gurgaon online is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Transport Department of Haryana.
Step 2: Select the option for ‘Licence’ and download the application form and then print it.
Step 3: Fill out the details and upload the form along with all the necessary documents.
Step 4: Select a slot for the driving test.
Step 5: Appear for the driving test on the scheduled date and time.
After a candidate passes the test, the driving licence is delivered to their registered address.
How to Apply for a Driving Licence Offline in Gurgaon?
The procedure to apply for a driving licence in Gurgaon offline is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the RTO of your locality and collect the Application Form 2.
Step 2: Fill out the necessary information, which includes:
- Applicant’s name
- Father’s name
- Educational Qualification
- Date and Place of birth
- Blood Group
- Identification mark
Step 3: Attach the required documents along with passport-sized photographs and submit the form.
Step 4: Book a slot for the driving test.
Step 5: Appear for the test on the given date and time.
Candidates will receive their driving licence at their registered address.
List of RTO Offices Where You Can Apply for a Driving Licence in Gurgaon
There are 3 RTO offices in Gurgaon:
|RTO Gurgaon North
|RTO Gurgaon (For Commercial Vehicles Only)
|RTO Gurgaon South (For Private Vehicles Only)